Speer 70 grain SMPs are available out this way, and have seen them available on line also...

Haven't seen a 223, 222 and/or a 22.250 that won't shoot them accurately, and certainly wouldn't take down a deer.

Shot a big blacktail one season, that came thru an opening in front of me at 200 yds, saw me and headed in a direction straight away from me, down a slight incline. Put the cross hairs right over its bouncing tail and pulled the trigger aiming at the back of its neck. It connected and sent it dumping head over teakettle. Killed instantly.

Bullet hit the spinal column, exit hole out the front of his neck, was pretty much laid open like an open book, and that big in size.

The 70 SMP is pretty darn deadly, and was made with a 1 in 14 twist in mind.. the bullet is that old on the market.

The Sierra 63 grain SMP, is another alternative that those in the know Swear By. Likewise with the 55 SMP from Sierra, but I think that bullet has been discontinued. Doesn't have enough Glitz to it, in today's world, but it'll darn sure work.. Sage rats, ground hogs or deer, and I guess hogs also.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez