Originally Posted by marksman1941
Originally Posted by CharlieSisk
I have had a ffl for pushing 40 years. I’ve never ask for a driver’s license. Nothing in the regs require it. If so, please post the regulation. And, California gives drivers license to illegal aliens. If you are illegal, you can’t purchase no matter what.
And non-ffls want a copy. No way in hell. And how would you know if its a fake ? Huh ?
Use the EZ check, its easy, and has current info.
I get a kick out these type threads….no one quotes the regs, but everyone is an expert.
Charlie

And I've never bought a gun at a place that didn't require my DL. I'm at 40 or so purchases from an FFL, and every single one has required a drivers license. Up until 2016, question 18.a required an identification card, and the ID number on that card. Now it's question 26.a that requires that. How have you gotten around this requirement for 40 years?
You are confusing two very different actions. When you fill out the 4473 in front of the FFL he examines whatever official gov't ID you hand him. He can look at it and you to see if they match. That has nothing to do with this discussion.

When someone sells a gun through an FFL he is required to list the source. It is a simple entry. If he demands an ID copy how can he possibly know it is actually the seller? He cannot. It is not a rule, law, nor edict.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.