Understand that the ANV is arriving mostly from the north and west while the Army of the Potomac is hurrying up from the south.

There is a bewildering array of informative plaques giving info on specific units. You don’t have to read them all, you can lose the big picture getting lost in the details.

If you are going to do it all, do it in chronological order, starting with Day 1 north and west of Gettysburg and then over to Cemetery and Seminary Ridges for Days 2 and 3. It will be much easier to comprehend that way.

Day 1 begins with Cashtown and the Cashtown Inn about eight miles west of Gettysburg. In addition to its excellent state of preservation this place serves excellent, gourmet-quality breakfasts at fast-food prices. A real surprise and a must stop-in.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Also on Day 1, the first shot monument, west of town along busy highway 30, can be a bit tricky to spot the first time. Parking is in back of the 1850’s red brick house on the westbound side of the road. Turn in the gravel driveway just to the east of the house. For whatever reason there’s no signage on the road.
and traffic can be fast-moving and heavy.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744