Wade, before you visit. Please read up on the battle. I’ll suggest Shelby Foote’s “Stars In Their Course”. But there’s a lot of good books. Bruce Catton and many others.
If you know the history, the ground seems to talk to you. Every time I visit, I can see the battle, I can smell the smoke, it just does something to draw you in! There’s been times that I’ve seen myself serving the guns, or trying to hide under a rock as an infantryman.
Both my spouses told me “you may have died there”!
What I’m getting at, is if, the more you know it, the more the ground tells you!
Get one of the NPS guides on the first day. Those guys know their stuff, but ask questions too.
I think after they drive you around explaining things, you can probably tackle it yourself, with the help of the free field pamphlets.
Try to make time for one of the Ghost Walk tours. Always entertaining and interesting. I myself have never had a ghost experience, but that area can bring them alive!
Above all, have fun. I think it will leave a mark on you.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden