Originally Posted by 1akhunter
I wouldn't put sentiment aside I'd keep the two that have value to you above all others.

If you're really pressed for cash and not wanting to really sell your rifles pm me, if we can work out what I feel is a fair price (IOW's if I had to flip em to get my money back it would be fast and painless on my part) or you could post your thoughts on prices here on the open forum. These hombres will keep us both straight.

I'll buy what I can, with the caveat you get can buy them back at the same price you sold them to me at any time, provided you pay for shipping both ways. I'm in Alaska so it might behoove you to find a buddy closer to home that will make you the same offer.

I've done it for pards before, kinda like a pawn shop, cept I'm not looking to make $$ off the deal.

I've been with $ and without $ when I needed them, so I know how you feel.

Just hate to see a guy permanently lose some firearms from a temporary situation.

If you are just wanting to sell them and prefer not to get them back I'd appreciate it if you'd try to sell them to someone else.

best of luck to ya,

Wow! That is a wonderful gesture, and I really appreciate it, but I'll be OK. I'm not forced to sell as in needing to put food on the table. I have an opportunity to expand my business and need some immediate cash flow, so I'm just exploring all my options. Truth is, I have felt the desire to slim down my hunting rifles for a while now anyway, as I feel that I have too much overlap. Needing the money for business purposes just helps make the decision to do so a little easier.

As for the comments, I understand what people are saying about the .338, but I have run several balistic scenarios and the .300 WSM actually beats the .338 downrange. For example, with Federal Factory ammo, a 180gr TSX out of the .300WSM is still traveling 2000fps and has over 1600fp of energy at 500 yards. The .338 at the same distance with a 225gr TSX is moving 1700fps and only has 1500fp of energy. These numbers seem far too close to keep the .338 over the .300, especially when I can use the .300 to shoot 130gr bullets as well, making it more versitle.

I am definately going to sell the Sako 85 Finnlight .308. I want to sell it as a full set up, with the scope, and will put it in the classifieds on Sunday. Whoever gets it will get the whole set up for the price of a new Sako, by itself.

I am still leaning towards selling the .338 and have had offers for the .30-06, so I will most likely sell it as well.

Don't feel sad for me. I'm doing this out of need, but it is a fair trade off in my mind, given what I want to do. Besides, I still have all my Lever guns, my AR's and more 10/22's than I am willing to admit! grin

If anyone is interested in these rifles, you can PM me. I will be putting at least one, maybe more in the classifieds tomorrow. Thanks to all!

Dan