Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by CrowHunterTN
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Ones I think will get used go in one place or occasionally get sold. Ones that didn’t pan out go in my Box-o-Crap for my unfortunate descendants to deal with.

Are they worth it to try and sell?

What does a used $50 set of rings sell for? I would think that by the time you factored in shipping costs it wouldn't be worth fooling with.

Now, I could see it being worth it to sell $100+ high end rings but maybe there is more of a market for them than I thought.
Yes, you can sell them. I sold off a bunch of rings and bases last year. Mainly one piece redfield and Leupold bases and standard rings that have came on used rifles I’ve purchased. They didn’t cost me a dime, so anything I get is better than them just sitting there and there are still guys out there that use them. An example: rings and base sells for $40- $10 shipping. That’s $30 in your pocket. Sell 10 sets and it’s worth it. Another example: you buy the wrong height rings. Sell them for almost what you paid for them. Someone said they depreciate like a Chrysler 300. That guy is full of schidt and hasn’t sold stuff like this before. Keep all your original packaging and if you decide to pull them off a rifle, put them back in the packaging. It’s the guys that just throw them in a baggie that don’t get a return on their purchase. Be smart about things and it won’t bite you in the azz.

Unfortunately the extras I have are all DNZ Game Reaper 2s and they come in that annoying plastic hard shell stuff that you destroy trying to get the rings out. So all I have is sandwich baggies. smile

You are right. $30 is $30. smile