Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
Good Morning Campfire,

So, I've been watching a lot of youtube videos lately...the news rarely report the crimes, but on youtube one can often see them unfold on video. They seem to have the following in common:

1- a group of 3-4 criminals

2 - armed people with extended magazines

3 - quick mobbing of an unaware victim, often at gas pumps, often in daylight...in other words - normal places...not surly alleys and such...

Prior to watching...my summer carry has always been a single j frame. Or a single 380 pocket carried pistol (glock or ppk) or a glock 26 pocket carry. Each setup was chosen based upon clothing. And, the thought was to defend against basically a single attacker, pit bull, etc...

But after watching numerous videos...my summer carry is now, POM spray on key chain and:

a - two j frames, one on the belt and one in the right front pocket; or,

b - glock 26 with back up magazine in hill people fanny pack;

The reason is to insure enough capacity against 3-4 perps and have the ability to draw while seated or transitioning from a vehicle.

When the weather cools, I imagine I'll be in full sized carry mode.

I was just curious what your guys carry was in the summer with all the heat and crime we are experiencing.

-John
Funny, I was thinking the same thing today, i.e., they no longer care where or when. No need any longer to do their crimes at night in dark alleys. They have no fear of being caught or consequences. They know they will get (at worst) processed and sent home with a court date if they get caught, no matter how many times they've been through that same process. They just go right back out and do it again. That's what you call criminal justice reform.