Has anyone been watching this?

I really liked the original 6-season series. But this new version, although okay at times, is really disappointing to me. I watched episode 5 last night, and I thought it mostly was terrible. I watched it with my 16 and 19 year old sons who loved the original series, and they too were happy when it was over. We had a much better time playing Scrabble after it ended.

So, there is the PC-inspired interracial relationship that Givens gets into, which made us groan just because that’s always being shoved down everyone’s throats in huge volumes. I could overlook that somewhat if it made any sense, but it just doesn’t. The black lady has less personality than a stale potato; she’s fat; she’s ugly; and, aside from her ethnicity, there is NOTHING attractive or interesting about her. No one on the planet would find her attractive. Yet, Givens, who was the object of affection of numerous super-hot ladies in the original series, is all smitten with this bland ugly lady. And they made that the centerpiece of the whole episode. It’s just sooooo stupid and boring. If Givens was smitten with some super-hot woman from any ethnicity, it might have been bearable, but that dominant storyline is just so bad.