Hello All,

I have been working on this gun for a better part of a year on trying to get good groups with the the Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor 143 grain eld-x bullet to no avail. I've tried at least a half a dozen recommended powders (faster and slower burning), amounts, and at least a handful of different primers (even the elusive Federals 210-Ms). Lupa Brass is being used as well, with a seating depth of 2.809. When I first shot the gun last year, the first 6 rounds were factory ammunition 1/4 MOA with the Hornady 143 grain eldx bullet. I know the gun has the ability to shoot well; but no reloads have ever shot well since. I am planning this coming weekend to measure the speed leaving the barrel as I've been told it should shoot around 2,700 feet per second. I've done cleanings and no cleanings between sessions to see if that helps too with no real visual difference.

Gun Information:
Weatherby 6.5 Creedmoor backcountry TI (1st gen)
1/8 Twist barrel
22 inch barrel
2 inch included factory muzzle brake
4.7 pounds
Swarvoski Z6 5-30x50 P BT

I doubt anyone has this specific round with this manufacture, but any tips on 6.5 Creedmoor reloading would be very helpful.

P.S. I actually have very little reload knowledge as a good friend of mine is the one reloading for me. He is an older gentleman with little to no computer knowledge so I'll pass along your responses to him. He's been doing this for at least 15 years.

Thanks in advance!