Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Have pointed out a number times on the Campfire and elsewhere that the point of the 6.5 Creedmoor is NOT beating the muzzle velocity of similar-sized rounds like the .260 and 6.5x55. Instead it began as a target round, with "modern" case and chamber features that resulted in finer accuracy--even with common, inexpensive factory ammo.
It's interesting , every time I tell people that the Creedmoor started out as a target round for National course shooting, I get deer in the headlights look! LOL
Holy smokes they even put the load data on the box!!
I put one together as a target rifle for messing around with shooting sling'irons in our local steel matches and had a lot of fun with it, and it was a super accurate combination out to 1,000 meters.
However as a starting rifle , or a deer rifle for someone who does not handload, it is also a pretty good combination of available ammo and rifles.
But as you stated before MD, it ain't magic when compared to other 6.5's, but then , neither are the other 6.5's, it's the nut behind the bolt that counts most.
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!