Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
338reddog,

The one winter I spent living in Wyoming was 1973-74, in Lander. It got down to either -50 or -55, can't remember now--one of only two times I've seen -50 in my life, the other in northeast Montana a year later.

But in general Wyoming is colder than Montana, even though it's farther south, due to its elevation being generally higher.

Yeah , listen to JB , its brutal cold here and desolate. Stay away !!!!!!! LOL Oh and windier then Heck...........

Yes……a few of our most endearing features! Kinda hoping that we have a few brutal winters back to back to drive out a few of the leftest that are starting to infiltrate our state and attempt to transform us into the 💩hole they left! memtb

That hasn't been working in Montana. It was 600,000 when I was born, and slowly rose to around 800,000 by 1990. Since then it hit a million around 2010, 1.2 million in 2020, and has been zipping upward since then--partly due to nitwits who thought they were escaping Covid by moving to such a "rural" state.

They're still pouring into the larger towns, especially Bozeman--which was 12,000 when I got out of high school, and about 10 times that now. We've had some real Rocky Mountain winters in the past few years, but that doesn't seem to affect them, perhaps because many live elsewhere during winter.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck