Originally Posted by steve4102
Lead what a fuqken joke.

Half the cities in America have miles of lead water pipe feeding their homes.

This CA Condor Bullschit is prime example of how easily the public, even the hunting public can be manipulated and convinced.

Gut piles, all these fuqken gut piles left by hunters just chucked full of lead, killing the Condor.

Yeah, I know when I shoot a Big Game animal I aim for the guts and that dangerous lead bullet always stays in the guts, they never pass through causing a nice clean kill.

All across the south, from Florida to Texas, thousands and thousands of deer are killed and field dressed every year.
Between gut piles and unrecovered game animals*, the turkey vulture of the south is doing VERY well!!!
What's different that the California Condor is more susceptible to gut pile lead fragments than the turkey vulture?
It's hard to fathom that there has been no significant reduction 8n the buzzard population of the south.
I'll also mention that since the CA "lead ban", there really hasn't been any significant increase in condor numbers!
🤔

It's been proven by necropsies on condor chicks picked up under condor nests. Over half of the deaths were caused by landfill waste fed to them by their parents.

It's also interesting to note that the waterfowl lead ban is a joke!
You can stand and shoot dove with lead shot in the exact same spot you stand and shoot waterfowl where non-toxic shot is required by law and not break any laws! 🤯
p.s. - why is non-toxic shot required for "migratory game birds", but it's okay to shoot dove (they ARE migratory!) with lead shot!?

* - deer, hogs, small game, varmints, geese, ducks, etc, etc.....