Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by SupFoo
According to the history of transplanting elk into MN, they moved some in from Manitoba and "western" U.S.

There are some monster elk shot outside Riding Mountain National Park in Manitoba.

Look at a map, not hard to imagine a few walking their way to MN (or ND).

Some have even been shot inside the park (surprise!)

Killerbee will be by shortly to verify.

I lived beside Riding Mountain National Park for 7 years, there are some huge elk there since you can not hunt in the park and they get massive the cold weather has a lot to do with it.

But the biggest bodied Elk I have ever seen was my friend's elk he killed west of Sundre Alberta, his was over 1,000 lbs and bigger than any moose I have ever seen, I had the picture, but lost it when my house burned down. It was accessible by vehicle so he hired a tow truck to haul it out, it was way bigger than any moose I have seen in person. The weight was not gutted or field dressed. The picture I had was it attached to the tow truck, mind blowing!

There are giant Whitetails in Alberta as well, one of mine scored over 203 B&C Typical and was so big I could not load it into my truck by myself, I had to drag it to a culvert and back my truck into the ditch so the tailgate was level to the ground so I could pull it into the truck, I never weighed it but it was massive and well over 300 lbs.

Here are a few giant elk from Albert, the first one is the Pope and Young Non Typical World Record it scores 449 4/8, not sure what the second one scores or the third but look at the neck and shoulder, MASSIVE!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The 2nd is an old pic. Been floating around forever.

It was a high fence bull.