Good Morning
Thank you greydog for your comments as I am corrected, the higher interest rates did indeed occur earlier.
Personal experience sometime clouds facts and I recall getting my first big loan around that time as the second spike occurred. My comments regarding the effects of higher interest rates are obviously not all encompassing as they did not include such things as black market economies or as you mention diversion of capital, etc.

Circumstances, decisions (which include going to school, or not, doing drugs, choosing to be a criminal, helping the unfortunate or those in need, moving to a new country etc. ) and Gods grace are all factors which affect where you fit into the fortunate/unfortunate, housed/un-housed etc. spectrum. The other option is to ask the Gov't to do it all for you.

Regarding
"They created a housing crisis in Canada" I say simply, yes there is a crisis, not having water, food, shelter is a crisis. If "they" is Trudeau then I do not think he had the skills to plan 8 years into the future to create the mess we are in. I think it happened because he was not paying attention and indifferent. Trudeau's agenda has been one of social engineering not the physical and economic welfare of the Canadian citizen.
So yes he helped to create it but it is not something new.

You probably mean that someone in PR woke up and said hey I know how we can divert attention away from everything else we screwed up, lets highlight our ineptitude in a different area. Please see some of my other comments to see how that was accomplished.