Originally Posted by 450hunter
I just gave my old range finder to a fine young man. He is 10 years old and starting to hunt. I don’t know who felt better me or him. 😂

I would bet that you probably felt better, but he will not forget who gave him that rangefinder. I have given away a couple shotguns to young hunters. One was a neighbor kid who always wanted to mow my lawn or shovel the driveway, anything to make a few dollars. I asked him what he was buying with his earnings. He said he wanted a shotgun. I talked to his dad to see if it was OK if he had one, as I had a 20 ga single shot. His dad said yes, so I said send him over. I met the boy at the door. His eyes got big when I showed him the gun. He asked if I wanted to sell it. I told him no, I was going to give it to him. He was about ready to jump up and down. I warned him about being safe with it. I moved before the deer season. That kid went hunting behind our houses and shot a big 10 pointer with that 20ga. He called me and I went to see it. 15 yard shot, the buck went down and was still moving. He reloaded and shot it again at 5 yards. I guarantee that kid won't forget that hunt, gun or me. I am still proud to be retelling that story!!!

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)