Thanks for all of the advice guys. I recently discovered SageDynamics and while I know not to trust YouTube as I know first hand, most of the people doing reviews are really doing paid commercials, his videos did seem very informative. Some of the video's had me considering the RMR again, but I just don't think I can do it. I went to look at them at a local store yesterday and it was my least favorite. I understand it's probably the most durable and I like how thick the body is above the glass to protect it. However, that was about all that I liked about it. What I didn't like was the fact that you have to remove it to change the battery. This is a huge negative me to. I'm going to get this for a Glock 40, which is a pretty massive gun. I'm buying it 100% to hunt and target shoot with. It's much more likely that the batteries will die on me before a hunt than it is that I'll drop it from shoulder height on concrete and it land on the top (which is how SageDynamics broke his). I already find myself having trouble finding enough time these days to get to the range to check zero as often as I'd like. I definitely won't have time to go to the range to re zero it if the battery dies the night before a hunt. Now, I know the new RMR HD changes this, but it's also at a pretty significant increase in price. I've also talked to several people that have had them fail. I didn't realize a friend had one die on him. So while it may be more durable, they still seem to fail. I just don't think it's worth paying that much more and ending up having to do it again once the 5 year warranty is up.

I really liked the Leupold DPP. That's currently my top choice. Which is odd saying, because I'm not a Leupold fan. I really liked the large sight window. I know that SageDynamics broke the glass in two of them, but I just don't see a situation like that happening often. Although I'm sure it could. This is the way I'm currently leaning.

I was talking to a client last night after going to check them out, and he also has a Vortex Venom as well as an RMR. He also was pretty convincing that he wouldn't buy an RMR again. He hasn't had it fail, but his argument was that the battery change is an issue. He preferred the Venom and it's half the cost.

I'm a little tempted by a Holosun, and I have many co-workers that love them. We've had great luck with them at work. I don't like the limited warranty, but they aren't completely out of the running yet. I just really liked that Leupold more than I thought I would.

Overall, I'm sure the RMR is a great sight. I just don't think it's a great sight for me with the things I want.

Last edited by slowr1der; 10/28/23.