Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I only have 60 rounds fired and still tweaking the scope. Have not reloaded for it yet so I am hoping I can tighten up the group even a little. This is with Hornady factory 175 ELD X

26" Bartlein 1-8 twist, 700 action, McMillan stock. 5 shots just over .5 moa

[Linked Image]

Personally, I like Bart and Brux tubes, a lot. Looks like your rifle will give up the accuracy you want with handloading for it.

I did have long conversation with my LGS buddy, yesterday, while buying the rifle about Hornady 7PRC ammo and the erratic, maybe more like, inconsistent velocities, shooters everywhere are experiencing.

He had talked to his Hornady Rep about the speed issue. The rep didn’t say or admit that different powders were being used on different lot#’s. He only said that if a powders being used had already been tested to meet Horn’s velocity spec for the chambering. So, it wouldn’t be a factor. Hmm 🤔

My guy made the suggestion that Hornady should look at changing their published speed numbers on the boxes, because very few shooters, even those running 24” and 26” barrels were hitting +3k let alone 3k. The rep didn’t have anything definitive to say about Horn changing the velocity of their 7PRC ammo.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”