Wasn't looking, but found a 1941 30-06 in a laminated wood stock yesterday for $749. Came with the original stock, that had been shortened and recoil pad added. Stock might be worth an extra $200, at most? Although, it's an original clover leaf tang stock, so that may make it a little more desirable because they are harder to find. Didn't examine the rifle or stock very closely, was hoping the original take off stock was more original!! Anyway, the rifle had the transition type safety installed and was also D&T'd. I didn't negotiate a price, but I'm sure, they would have lowered it a small amount. Maybe to $700? Was at the Reno Cabela's if anyone wanted to take a look at it. Looked like it had the original barrel, which is a good thing these days, with some of the rifles that have been posted here on the fire. One in the classifieds in particular. Good deal or not? You be the judge. IMHO, not a real good deal, but could be for someone else??... In the last month, I've seen more original rifles in the $750 price range (at least 3 now), but those were not pre war. Post war rifles.

Side note:
Even though this is not a Winchester, I saw a nice little Remington 722 chambered in the infamous 300 savage yesterday as well, at the same Cabela's. I believe it was $399.99, but could be mistaken. Didn't look too closely at it, but appeared to be a nice little rifle.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA