Originally Posted by shootem
What do y’all have on the bar for open consumption? Our’s I’ll describe shortly but let me say it has been a sip and enjoy not a 10 shots in a row consumption.

Firstly there had to be a Scotch and the choice was Glenlivit 12 year old 80 proof. Yet I cannot understand the morality of sending such an ABV to the states. To go with the single malt we chose an American single grain Whistlepig 100% rye called Piggyback at 96.56 proof. Next a 100% heirloom white corn spirited in Asheville, NC, aged for 7 years and presented at 90 proof. And to add a blue blood Bourbon we took Baker’s 107 proof 7 year aged. Finally Wild Turkey 101 proof Rye. I do not know the mash bill of this whiskey but what I do know is it was the first to disappear. It is an extremely good< $30 drink.

An interesting aside, I noted we had a 100% Rye, Barley, and Heirloom Whit Corn on hand. Was drawn to the challenge of blending the various single grains. I’ll leave the results for you to figger out. All in all it has been an enjoyable time eating, sipping, deer hunting with family and friends. This, even though I have yet to hit the fields.

Hope your Thanksgiving is turning out as well as hours. Praise god for the USA !!!

I’m not much into sipping but I will tip the bottle and take one or two good swallows of knob creek 12 occasionally before bed. I never even liked bourbon until a couple months ago when I tried this.
Our local store just got a couple cases in yesterday but at $65 a pop (pint?) bottle I better find a cheaper alternative.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon