Originally Posted by Steve_in_PA
I’ve been off since last week. Been out for bear, but no luck. I’ll be out Saturday, but due to some health issues, I can’t hike back the 1.5-2 miles like I normally do for deer season.

Even though I haven’t been able to hunt for the last two years, on Saturday I’ll be holding out for a buck. I can also still hunt for black bear in my area.

I’m a handgun hunter, so I’ll be sitting in my spot with my deer slayer; 14” TC Contender in 7-30 Waters.

last year i didn't go because i was scheduled to do a Heart Cath surgery. my days of trekking into the woods are gone (had a bad stroke 11 years ago), but i have a Polaris Ranger 800 which will take me to the spot i hunt.

my dad (RIP) had a 14" muzzle brake in 7x30 Waters with 115gr Speer HP and IMR4895 that would kill deer. i have it now, but with 10" barrels in 30 and 357 Herrett. i should have done the 30 Herrett, but i didn't. the Contender will stay in the safe, but i have a TC Encore with a 23" MGM barrel in 444 Marlin with 280gr WFN GC and Reloder 7 to use the first day.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".