...with this little lady. Pronghorn buck tags are very hard to draw in Idaho. I've only drawn twice in 50 years. So, I started applying for doe tags. They're much easier to draw and I'd rather hunt does than not hunt at all. I was still driving to where I planned to hunt this morning when I spotted a herd on a ridge about 3/4 mile away in a 2 year old burn . I was able to get within 300 yds but they saw me and started to move out. I popped one off but she spun just as I shot and I got a bad hit. She couldn't run but she could still cover some ground. I followed her for a full mile before I could get another shot and put her down. I hate it when that happens. At least I deprived the coyotes of some groceries as she wouldn't have lasted very long.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A while back someone asked if it was possible to hear a bullet hit an animal. It most certainly is. At short range, you probably won't hear it because the bullet arrives while your ears are still ringing. At 2 to 300 yds, though, you can hear a good loud thump as it takes time for the bullet to travel and for the sound to come back to you. Both of these shots were very easy to hear. I knew I'd connected with both of them long before I could get the scope back on target. It's surprising how loud a bullet hit really is to carry that far.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.