Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by jerryjr
Where did you get your lighter spring from? I called our local gunsmith and he wants $100 for me to bring my rifle in and cut part of the spring and then polish everything up for me and maybe alter the sear. I had just left him a message that I just needed a lighter spring and I would put it in myself, but of course he wants to make money I assume. I also called Brownells and they don't have a spring neither. Waiting for MidwayUSA to get back to me.

Try your local Ace Hardware. They have springs of similar size, but the coils are thinner and provide a lighter pull weight, when cut to the appropriate length and installed. I can't remember, but I believe the ones I buy are 1/4" and the coil wire diameter is .023". Cut to about 1 1/4" or there abouts and try it. The springs at Ace are like 2" or 3" long and you can cut to the desired length.

Originally Posted by 805
Originally Posted by TeeBone
Originally Posted by jerryjr
Where did you get your lighter spring from? I called our local gunsmith and he wants $100 for me to bring my rifle in and cut part of the spring and then polish everything up for me and maybe alter the sear. I had just left him a message that I just needed a lighter spring and I would put it in myself, but of course he wants to make money I assume. I also called Brownells and they don't have a spring neither. Waiting for MidwayUSA to get back to me.

This is an option:

www.erniethegunsmith.com

This is your best option. Some stoning of the trigger will help a lot also.

Sorry, but that is not his best option.

I'd prefer that those who handle firearms around me would choose to install the $8.00, purpose-made trigger spring from the professional gunsmith. I just installed one in a Ruger Hawkeye and it's a pretty good trigger with no other modification.