Originally Posted by JakeM78
You asked, some answered, you didn't like some of the answers, so you go to insults. Typical idiot.

Can I consider name calling getting flamed? lol. I can assure you there have been no responses here that have made or ruined my day, or were not expected. I’m a long time reader but seldom poster here. Strangers on the net aren’t affecting my life at all. Like I mentioned originally, this was not a usual or expected outcome of my season. Nor have I represented this as a trophy buck experience that I cherish. So why did I post it? To start a conversation.

Everyone has different opinions and methods based on upbringing, personal experiences, and location. Whitetail deer are the only big game animal I hunt. I’ve never hunted them anywhere other than the same handful of farms located within 5 miles of where I grew up and still live. I also did not have family that hunted and I’ve never hunted deer with anyone else other than kids I’ve taken. I enjoy reading stories and looking at pictures of other’s landscape, hunt setup, and deer. Some hunts go just as planned and some don’t. They’re all interesting to me. I figure there are others out there that like to see something different than they’re used to as well.

I hope you and all others reading this found success some way with your season this year. That could be a peaceful sit, a freezer full of meat, the wall hanger you’ve been chasing, or just a new and different experience whether you filled a tag or not. Happy Holidays to the Fire.