Originally Posted by Stetson
Originally Posted by VTi
Originally Posted by Stetson
VTi, Great shots. I personally like #4. Is #5 an HDR image?

You are correct in your observation. That landscape is an HDR comprised of 8 individual images.

That's a skill I'm trying to learn right now. I just got back from two weeks of shooting in Hawaii and it was a a real challange. Dark foregrounds and blownout high lights. Either that or everything was green or there was just very little to show the true scale in the shot...

Stetson -- Some great images you posted here. Congrats my friend, and please post more of Hawaii.

I was trying to simplify my above statement regarding the HDR. That was actually a 48-image stitched pano/HDR. 6 individual framings, each with 8 different exposures. I know this is a lot of work for one photo, but I really wanted this one in a large print. It ended up getting printed to 40"x30", and is hanging in my great room. Looks fantastic, but much work went into it. This small web version doesn't do it any justice frown

HDR techniques were made for the exact reason you mentioned, as you know. Try that in combination with a stitched pano for some awesome results.

I'm a huge fan of HDR's and try to use this method whenever possible. I even use HDR on wildlife images if they happen to stay still enough for 3-5 images. The trick here is to set up your slr's AEB function, and use high speed continuous shooting. Wiht my 1DmkIII, shooting at 10 frames per second, I can take a 5 shot exposure bracket in roughly half a second. If the subject can stay still for .5sec, which they usually do, these are the best quality images that can be had. I don't have many, but when the time is right it's the only way to go.

Rob