1989 Ruger M77 Tang Safety 280Rem loaded with a 156gr Norma Oryx.

~90-100 yard shot broadside on an 8pt whitetail buck on a trot. Shot hit a little farther back than point of aim, double lunged him through the ribs. He ran about 50 yards into a corn field and fell over

I hunted with my dad as a kid but then was out of hunting for about 15 years and only recently have gotten back into it in the last 5 or 6 years. This was my first deer of my own and took place in 2021. The deer dressed out at 187lbs and is currently on my wall. It's odd to me how it worked out, was one of those days where everything seemed to go "wrong" but still makes me smile. I ended up getting out to the blind much later than I would have liked, sat in a spot that has not been hunted for many years prior and had standing corn on both sides of me with about a 150 yard gap in between. A new to me rifle that I picked up a few months before on a trip and only about 90 mins of light left. He stepped out of the west corn field headed to the east edge of the second field through the gap. I had no knowledge or sightings of him on that farm before that day. He was the only deer I saw that outing as well. Sometimes its more luck than anything I have come to learn.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]