Originally Posted by TRexF16
I just got around to trying out the big batch of 185 Fusion seconds I bought back when the rest of you did in my 24" 338-06. They are driving nails with 64.5 gr /SB6.5 seated .005" off the lands, at 2875 FPS (CCI 200 and necked up Norma case). I did a seating test and up close was the clear winner, I had tried them before in my 19" 338-06 carbine and they were not spectacular, but now I'm going to go back and try this load again.
My concern is if this load, a 185 grain in the 338-06, is going to be "useful." Meaning that, If I'm going to shoot a 180-ish (or even 200) grain bullet in this basic case, it'd be more effective as a 30-06.
So I reckon I'm really looking for some folks to tell me more of their experiences on game with this stubby little 185 grain .338 bullet. It's easy to get addicted to throwing down 3/4 MOA groups with a .338 but if it ain't killing it ain't worth the primers and powder.
Please share more of your hunting experience with these, regardless of what chambering.

Rex

P.S. anybody know the BC of these?

Don’t have first hand experience with this bullet on game yet, but I think if it is shot at reasonable velocity, not too fast, it should perform well.

Guessing BC is somewhere around .310-.330.