MainStreet Messenger :

ashington.dc.networkofcare.org/veterans/assistive/detail.aspx?id=13486&cid=67&cn=Communication&org=

I've worked with this system in the past and was a Regional Manager for the Manufacturer. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions I can answer for you. There are other services similar on the market. This one was distributed in Canada especially for most of rural homes there, via electric co-ops, rural phone services etc. It is a fairly simple system, but has long range and is relatively very robust.

All of these systems require a monitoring service, and are distributed by the monitoring services.
They are just the same types as systems in an Assisted Living Facilities, much the same as monitoring security systems for your home. These systems are just orientated more for Health Care Monitoring, vs Home Security systems that protect your home against break in, who contact Law Enforcement vs Ambulance and Medical Services.

The Main Street Messenger can be programmed to contact up to 6 phone numbers, to include neighbors and family members along with EMS services. They work on a land line phone system. They well continually contact each [phone number for up to 4 minutes ( however the customer wants it programmed), and will go on a continual loop until someone answers on the other end. If it contacts a family member or neighbor, it still can continue in a loop until answered by EMS, or a designated Monitoring Contact Point, who will then call EMS, and then let the end user know there is an ambulance on the way.

There is Life Alert, and then many hospital systems utilize Life Line ( a different company monitored via a local regional health care facility).

As far as quality of product used, Main Street Messenger system was the highest quality on the market. Many others used real cheap components. If it was my mom, or dad, I'd worry about the lack of quality equipment. Cheap equipment would concern me as it has a higher frequency of failure, and you don't want that when your loved one really needs it to work.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez