Originally Posted by Motown
I’m with brokenarrow on this one. I have owned a bunch of Burris scopes over the years and still have around 10 FF2’s mounted on various rifles. Never had an issue with a single one.

Same here--but coyotewacker hasn't owned a Burris in 30 years. Always amazing how some shooters assume all products stay the same over time--though have also known quite a few shooters who over-tighten scope rings, which can cause problems, with more brands than others.

Have owned a pile of Fullfield IIs over the last quarter-century--and the ONLY one that failed was my last USA-made one. According to my shooting notebook, got it the year before Burris switched production to the Philippines. This happened a couple years ago, and it had been on a pile of rifles for a lot of rounds over those years.

So far haven't had a Philippines FFII fail, and have used a number of 'em on rifles up to the .300 Weatherby Magnum. Might also mention, once again, that Burris did NOT just have a "similar" scope made in a Philippine factory. Instead they provided the machinery, and taught the workers how to use it.

The manufacturing of rifle scopes has changed considerably over the decades, even in the "same" factories....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck