Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
The best ever but the question remains....what would he have been without Brady? Regardless he is still a great coach.

Bill's record as a head coach is under 0.500 at Cleveland and New England with the quarterbacks who were not name Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr. He only had 3 winning seasons without TB12 as his QB, 1994 in Cleveland with Vinnie Testaverde, 2008 with Matt Cassel, and 2021 with Mac Jones.

Brady won a Super Bowl after leaving New England and it will be interesting if Bill can win another one now that he has left New England. Rumors has it that he may be headed to Washington.

Remember tho - Brady was riding pine and only got into the game because of injury. Once there he stayed but seems to me like Bill had a bit to do with developing Brady into the passer/QB he was, even if that means Brady became the straw that stirs the drink later in life. Dude couldn't beat out Bledsoe at the time - needed a neck injury to go in and "finish a game".

Just like Green Bay and the Bears - people say Green Bay lucked into QB's, yeah well if Aaron Rodgers goes to Chicago, he's probably out of the league in 4 years. It takes a certain cultural set of circumstances to create opportunities for greatness. Bill did that for Brady as a young player, same as Mike for Favre, Mike for Aaron, Mike for Love etc.

I'm not saying Brady ain't great - he is, I'm saying he's not great in a vacuum. Bill had an awful lot to do with development and building around him to let him be great.

Drew Bledsoe had a career record of 98W-95, pretty mediocre numbers for a number 1 draft pick. Starting as the 199th pick in the 2000 NFL draft, Tom Brady beat the odds for such a low draft choice by winning more games and more Super Bowels than any other quarterback in NFL history and is only 1 of 2 quarterbacks to win Super Bowls with 2 different team, the other being Peyton Manning, who was also a number 1 pick, who won 2, 1 with Indianapolis and 1 with Denver. The numbers and the results speak for themselves. When a game is on the line winners will find a way to win, TB12 is the GOAT and Drew Bledsoe is another Wally Pipp.