Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Arizona did a good thing for the property owners in Arizona.
If you own a certain sized Property the Water Rights are yours.

So I own the Water Right for my own personal use in Arizona.

Other States may have different laws.

Not so good when the Saudis came here to AZ and bought up a bunch of farm land and got a bunch of leased land from the government to grow Alphalpha Hay in the middle of our desert because they were smart enough to outlaw growing it in their own desert because it takes so much water. They've basically sucked all the groundwater out of the ground for their hay and dried up all the neighboring farms water wells for miles and miles..

They've really got some dumb people running this state.

Ya I heard about this and they threatened the new property purchasers with not letting them have their water rights because of what the middle easterners are doing.

We had some concerns up our way because of the new laws being tested but we are on a totally different Aquifer under our Community.

Anyone wanting to try and plant crops in the dry desert needs to have their brain tested.
But when Gooberment kick back come into play anything go's for the highest bidder.

They have tons of water problems in Arizona from North to South. It costs thousands to drill wells near the Flagstaff, Williams, Seligman area where a lot of little Homesteads are sold...The wells are pretty deep there and hard to get a good one....Could be pumping tons of money into a dry hole...

I think the Feds have also recently given Cali a bigger chunk of the water from the Colorado river too hosing AZ and Nevada..The Valley has grown so much in the past few years they are always concerned about water usage, but they let Saudis come here and suck up all the groundwater south of Phoenix for their hay? NUTS!!!

I researched and bought a couple of plots of land by Vernon, near Showlow. The best aquifer in the state is over that way and not very deep to drill a well, maybe 300 feet down in most places. Hopefully they don't screw up the rules really bad...Would like to build a cabin over that way someday..

It cost me 16K to drill a well hit 15 gal. a minute at around 325 ft.
I got greedy because y neighbors around me had from 40 to 100 gal. a minute and had the driller drill down to 425 ft to see if I could get more and I still only have 15 gal. a minute.

My property is between Kingman and Seligman in the hill around 5400 to 5600 ft elevation and I have been told by many that we have good water and lots of it under our community

I have been hauling water into my place for years and it get old very fast.
My next trip up there I will drop the pump in the well everything else has been installed and waiting for the pump.
The Drop Pipe was the delay.

I'm glad it's working out for you. I know some people that drilled closer to Williams area and spent over 70k trying a couple of different spots. Got water for a few months, then it dried up on them...:(...They are back to hauling water and hate it too, and heartbroken over losing all that money.

There's a lot of community wells where I bought in Vernon and people that will haul water for you. I've been lucky though, I have a neighbor nearby the land I bought in Vernon that has a well and would agree to let us go into a contract to share water for a set price like 40 dollars a month, and of course help pay for maintenance on the well...Plus they just ran electric poles nearby the land about a month ago for another house down the road..The road is regularly maintained by the county now which is a big deal in that area due to washes. Got the land dirt cheap many years ago, and seems like everything is falling in place...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 01/15/24.