I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious of you having one in 30/30,

I wanted one with the polymer stock. The guy that was the range manager at our local range, about 15 years ago had one.

Where he camped out with his family on forest service land, there was a very large bear in the area and sometimes would raid their camp at late night. He asked me to develop a handload, that would give it the biggest punch out of his 30/30 handi rifle.

so looking over load data and other sources, I worked up using a Hornady 220 grain Round Nose, seated down into the case over 35 grains or 36 grains of W 748. It sure gave an increase in recoil, and MV was 2100 fps.. Just short of a 30/40 Krag.

To test the durability of the load, I took 10 cases and loaded them with that charge ten times. I had no case failures, and also no issues with a 1965 production Model 94, my dad bought in 1966 at the base Rod & Gun Club at RAF Alconbury in England, before he was transferred back stateside. It didn't seem to phase the brass or the rifle. The 11th reload on the brass, the primer pockets were still as tight as the first.

We tested the load in his Handi Rifle, and it shot well in it also.. using the same brass I had tested in the Model 94, with no negative effects. He eventually shot the bear when it was raiding their camp one night.

Just thought I'd pass that on....it was passed on to the Campfire here, way back when. Of course I got flamed to no end, in usual campfire fashion.... but over time, it caught other members attention who tried it out in Model 94s and Marlin 336s.
They had the same experiences I did in their rifles. Accuracy was awfully darn good, one of the most accurate I ever shot out of a 30/30.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez