I've owned a 444 Marlin since 1981, when it bought it new off the shelf for $219 at Mills Fleet and Farm in Osseo Minnesota.
Used factory ammo until I started handloading in 1995.

Factory ammo, I found was 2400 fps with a 240 grain SP bullet and it kicked a fair amount.

Handloading, I started using like 30 to 35 grains of SR 4749, with 300 grain XTP bullets. MV was 1750 fps.
So 650 fps less MV, I reduced recoil by 50%.

The factory loads with a 4 power scope on top, had a point blank range of 175 to 180 yards.
The SR 4759 loads with a 300 grain bullet had a point blank range of 10 less yards, but reduced recoil by 50%
Bullets for the 444 have the aerodynamic streamlining of a parachute.

I've loaded it down to 1100 fps using 15 to 20 grains of SR 4759, which seems to kick in the 223 neighborhood.
When loaded with 180 grain XTPs, when I've taken some of my younger Boy Scouts out hunting as a merit badge counselor with their dads coming along, they've still never failed to drop a deer at 100 to 150 yds.

Anything those XTPs have hit in the right spot ( lung shots), have NEVER failed to drop the deer either DRT or within 20 yds or so.

so If you want to use something for your Handi Rifle in 444, just take ANY load data for a 44 Rem Mag, put it in your 444 case, and it'll do the job within a 150 yds without any special " Kentucky Windage". You know how to dope the wind with 44 cal FLat NOSE bullets, its pretty darn lethal to 225 yds.

You don't need the full velocity out of one, because those bullets initially shed velocity pretty darn quick.

44 Rem Mag loads or any cast bullet load data using any weight of the XTP line of bullets.

for what its worth, and you are on your own... but I've shot 44 Remington Mag rounds out of my 444 Marlin, and its never had an issue with them....just tested it to see if it would work in a pinch. Hence why I just started using 44 Rem Mag load data in 444 case, since they discontinued SR 4759.

Good luck with your Handi Rifle. I always wanted a 30/30 in one, but never took the time to buy one when I could have.
If I would have done so, I'd probably shooting the schitt out of it still.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez