Picked up a really nice Handi rifle in 444 marlin along with dies and brass.

I live in a straight wall rifle state and have kids so I needed another gun because they have been using mine. This one will be for me only and I wanted somthing with more down range punch than my sons 350 legend. The ballistics look really good on the round. I already have a 1895G in 4570 and use pretty mild loads in it for close range stuff. I do have a bunch of stands on the timberline, so I’d like to have some longer range ability I feel very comfortable with the 350 legend out to 180-200 yards. I like to use heavy bullets in it to get better penetration and hopefully an exit wound for tracking if need be. The 350 really hasn’t failed us yet but I’ve passed a lot of shots with it out to that range on nicer bucks because I was afraid they would be hard to track if needed. We have a lot of CRP around us and if a deer makes it there it’s really sucks tracking. I see a lot of loads for 444 lever guns on the boards but nothing for handi rifles. Im assuming I can run it a little longer and can use “pointy” bullets. Anybody have any recommendations? I’ve been looking at the 225gr bear creek ballistics solid bullets but don’t see load data.

Last edited by Morgan12; 01/20/24.