Fellows,
I called Ruger 2 weeks ago about my .243 No.1 RSI.
When you drop the lever to open the breech it developed a lot of play front to back. The rifle cocked, safety worked, and you can still fire it. But I didn't feel comfortable about so they asked if I would send it in to have them take a look? Sure, no problem, I was offered a shipping carton, paid label with insurance for $45.00 for FEDEX.
That's tough to beat. I got an email with all the paperwork asking for a description of problems AND agreeing to allow them to remove any aftermarket parts etc. not to specs, I agreed. This rifle has a nice 3 screw trigger! I hope they leave that in, if not in goes a Canjar or Keplinger. I sent a note describing the issue, also enclosed a target from NY Day -with factory 90 grain Nosler Partitions that looked like a pattern board! Then I asked them to rebarrel it and replace the plain wood with something a little better. Naturally at my cost.
They sent me an email that they received it but that's all and I'm not going to contact them.
Some fellows have had success with Ruger barreling and some got a flat no. I figured it's worth a shot.

If they don't --my options are to have Mark Penrod rebarrel it and install the trigger, BUT should I stick with the same caliber, but a faster twist and AI it or go to another caliber. I have a 1a in .243 I use for coyotes and 65 grain bullets. Thís will be my Pennsylvania deer rifle.
Sorry for beating your ears so long.
Semper Fidelis
Soup