Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
With the new age of long range, I don't understand the modern lever action craze.

I don't know anyone personally who gives a flip about long range shooting. Wouldn't even know where to go to attempt such a feat?
I'll introduce myself. Now you know someone that knows, cares, shoots long range. And short. Where? Wherever you get range. Of course I can't get a shot past 600 down south on our place but up north we can get long shots all over the place if we look. I prefer to close. But I also prefer to be prepared.

Hang together lest we hang separately

I meant I don't know anybody around here that does it. Of course I've never seen a range longer than 200 yards. I hear tell of a 1,000 yard range in Williamsport but never went there
met a few folks in '99-'00 that shot deer from one side of Kinzua Reservoir to the other. Long range target shooters maybe from that Williamsport place or elsewhere in PA. At the time, before the advent of the 6.5 craze, they were shooting 30-378 with long .30 bullets. They liked to test their skills on critters when the season was open.

I met one of those guys that do that when I was 17. He belonged to a 1,000 yard hunting club. He told me all about bench rifles and the 30-378 when it was still a wildcat. They were using the 6.5-300 too in those days. I'd never heard of anything like that before I talked to him