[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Well about 8 months ago I was looking here on the fire and there was a project 10/22 17M2 that one of the member put up said he just didnt want to mess with it. My hunting partner has ready been a fan of the Mach2. I decided to put one together I ordered a Beyer barrel and Power custom weighted heavy bolt finally got it together. I took it out this AM and took a Box of CCI 17GR and a Box of Hornady 17GR.

Well the first 5 were CCI shot no issue and I loaded 5 Hornady and they grouped better but I was not looking for pin point I was testing function mostly. well I think my next load I felt a spray in my face (no glasses like a balloon head) and the gun is smoking like a old Diesel powerwagon mag blown out . I loaded another group no issue. a group or 2 later it happens again , I started to think about it and it was all CCI there was no issues with the Hornady as a matter of fact I shot the rest of the box to double check. I was very glad I brought both if I only brought the CCI it would have sucked

The pictures show the CCI ammo back by the primer blew out a few the one off the plastic is a round that was never chambered for comparison. The long one was rear blows out and next round chambered into it

The Hornady muzzle Vel 2100
CCI Muzzle Vel 2010

It seems that when you fire the little bit of recoil feels snappier

Anyone have an idea why the CCI maybe an issue?

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member