Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by JSTUART
The only thing I can see that he did wrong was open his stupid mouth.

JSTUART;
Good afternoon BC time and Happy Friday to you, I trust the day is behaving and you're all well.

Speaking as a BC resident, so emphatically not a Montana resident, the grizzly bear - and the wolf too I'd opine - are very politicized animals.

If one was being jaded and slightly less than charitable, one might opine that some on the left have made then cultural icons or even more. You know if one went there. wink

While we used to have a grizzly season, the powers that be in the capitol chose to stop it, admitting it was for non-scientific reasons and as political payment to some of the members of the Green party who had a coalition of sorts with them for awhile.

Even though I'm a semi-fossilized boomer, I know what a radio collar means and in so saying, I cannot conceive what the size of rock someone would have to be hiding under to not know that.

As a funny aside, as mentioned I shot an ear tagged buck this year, but didn't see the ear tag when I shot it. It was running with a collared buck and I purposely let that one walk because of the collar.

When I took the head into the Conservation Officers to give them the info on the kill area for the ear tag, I mentioned I'd let the collared one walk.

Much to my surprise, they said it was right in the hunting regs that we could shoot collared animals in legal season and they encouraged it as it gave them data. Sure enough too JSTUART, when I read the new regs, there it was.... blushf

All that preamble to say that if one chooses to take a grizzly here and one observes it has a collar, one needs to have several layers of fairly intricate planning in place should one further choose not to report it.

I will say that here in BC, the CO's have been pretty fair about defensive shootings on grizzly bears and we've had our share since the hunting season stopped.

Anyways sir, just some filler information I suppose and a view from a Canuck who is just a tad north of where this went down, but about 6 valleys west.

Best to you and yours sir.

Dwayne
Thats super on being easy on the DLP/Defensive shoots. Common sense there at least.

I, for one, and there must be at least 2 of us, did not realize that the collar could contain time of death etc.... I should have, but I did not think about it from that view. I guess you would have to have proof of being threatened and just report it then. Guess it depends on who and what and how much of the government you fear. As noted though, we can find all of the evidence on this, but the borders are wide open. Child sex trafficking is rampant. No one cares if people do drugs and on and on.

I do realize we are both members of the choir though and since its about time for a shower I should get off my soapbox, grab the soap and head on.

Regards, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....