Cold freezes brains too, apparently. 20 below here yesterday, and I almost got creamed 3 times the 2 hours I was in town. And it had warmed to -10! All with about 20 minutes, in the same Parking lot.

Two people initiating backing out way too fast, without even looking - lights not on either. I could stop for one, the other would have got me behind the rear door, so I boosted! Same lot, then 30 seconds later after the latter incident...

Another guy 45* angle gunned it in from the side in front of me, as I was straight-in approaching the exit road to the highway after grocery shopping, missing my right front by no more than 6". I don't know what he was doing, but obviously not looking and going 3X faster, or more, than appropriate parking lot speed. On ice! Luckily I was creeping along at 5mph , even though I was clear of the parking spaces, and on an exit road feed. It was still parking lot....

Fuggin idiot. 2X in less than a minute? The 1st back-out incident was entering the parking lot to go shopping. I had more to do, but when I got to the highway, I turned right & went home, instead of left for a couple other errands.

28 below this morning - probably even more frozen-brainiacs out there.

I think the cold pinches their asses so tight it shuts off blood flow through the carotids. smile

Last edited by las; 01/27/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.