Originally Posted by gerry35
Since I started this thread a friend of mine sold me a BLR in 358 Win, just came in a couple of days ago. Pretty sweet gun I have to say, have been without a BLR for a few years and am happy to have one again.

I still would like a stainless pistol grip 300 WSM some day though. The 358 is a straight stock and feels pretty good, it would be neat to have both styles and see what they are like side by side.

That's a hell of a friend. I got my dads .358 and wouldn't take a farm in Georgia for it. It shoots any weight bullet plenty good for hunting but really likes the Speer 180 best. Great bullet for deer but a tad light for bigger stuff especially if pushed much faster than 2500 fps . I shoot them at and at 100 yards they act like an oversized varmint bullet , probably hold up better at that speed over 200 yards but you cant see a deer that far around here most places. They don't come apart at 25-2600 but there is a 1/2" difference in group size at 100 yards in my rifle at the slower speed, still around 1" though at the slower speed. I use a stiff dose of H4895 with that bullet.

Last edited by EddieSouthgate; 01/28/24.

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.