I've used the 75 Amax quite a bit out to 450 on a bunch of deer and black bears (just by virtue of how the shots presented, didn't stop at that range for any particular reason) and it was exceptionally effective. That was from a 1:9 223AI. Typically bust a shoulder on the way to or from the rib cage.

I've been using the 88 ELD m the last couple of seasons from 223AI's, spun 1:7. Built two for me, and one for a buddy. He used his on a big muley this fall on the last day of the season at 404 yards, quartering away. Bullet hit at the last rib, was under the hide just behind the off side shoulder. Buck managed to stagger 15 yards sideways and fell over and died.
I've shot a couple moose and a black bear with the 88 ELD m, but none of those were all that far - 151 to 170-something yards.

I've been happy with the 88 ELDm, and the 75 Amax as far as holding together well enough to break femurs on stuff, but I might try the 77 TMK just for giggles, after reading the entire Rokslide thread.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.