Just for the record I think that Hackathorn is right, after 50 years of using iron sights my brain does not even think when I align the iron sights. Does anyone here shoot a 22 LR better than a 9mm and shoot it better longer? At some point getting tired or anticipating recoil does more to harm my shooting than does my sight alignment, and I guess this might apply to red dots as well?? At 15 yards with most 9mm pistols I am just pie plate average when firing 4-5 rounds in fairly rapid succession, so I do not claim to be Wild Bill. I am also a one percenter these days, shooting once or twice a month. One thing is for certain, its a perishable skill no matter what type of sights you use. The anticipating recoil thing is I think one of the reasons the 5.7 x 28 is regaining popularity with the discovery it has little to no recoil yet is an extremely fast fight stopper with the right bullets, so many just shoot the thing better. I don't think its all just about sight alignment or the type of sight you use.