Kevin,

Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by jwp475
...just ask the dead FBI agents in the infamous Miami shoot out...
So you actually bought into the FBI's BS line of, "It was the 9mm Silvertip?"

FBI agents were lost because they stood in front of a man with a Mini 14 who knew how to use it.

Even if the Silvertip in question would have made it to the heart (it was less than 1" shy IIRC), it wouldn't have changed the outcome of that fight one iota.

I gotta disagree with your analyses. No single cause resulted in the catastrophe in Miami. Arguably the arrest went awry before the encounter occurred. If anything, the Bureau might have been in a more advantageous position had it coordinated its efforts with Miami PD. God only knows how many Miami cops would have immediately responded to a "999" Officer down call, not to mention allied agencies along with helicopters. Further, the agents ceded too much control to the bad guys. While the perfect arrest is fantasy, I would have been inclined to initiate a tactical retreat, get behind the suspects, and request assistance from Miami PD. Control is essential for winning a gunfight.

I do believe the weapons used by the FBI, save the 870, were far from adequate. To my way of thinking, the 9MM/.38 Special is at the bottom of suitable calibers for saving my life.

I have seen training film of the Miami incident, and in none of them did I suspect the FBI was covering up anything. If anything, it was very candid about the incident. It would have been counterproductive or worse to deny valuable officer survival knowledge that was learned from this incident.

Take care,

Mando