I'll say Popeye's.

Mind you, I love Popeye's chicken. The sandwich is pretty decent, but I had to be in the mood for it. If you get me in line at Popeye's and I have a choice between a sandwich and a 3 piece box, the sandwich ain't happening.

We had a Chick-Fil-A go in a couple miles from the house. I hadn't been in one in 20 years. This thing was a wonder. You order off the app. There's enough room in the waiting line for 100 cars. When you get to a point in the line, it tells you to confirm your arrival and the stuff is ready when you get up to the 2-lane pickup window. I did the whole schtick, and brought 2 sandwiches home. KYHillChick and I bit in and realized it hadn't been worth the trouble.

You have to understand that our darker neighborhoods on the north side of town have significantly superior soul food, bbq joints and chicken joints. White people food just ain't where it's at. You just have to have the right mindset to go to such places. Mind you, it helps to be a walking landform, and it helps to be on in years. It also helps to be driving a 2004 Caddy Deville. The locals see that as bad enough to survive that long.

BTW: I've got news from the 'Hood re: fried chicken. Be on the lookout for Jamaican or Peruvian fried chicken. We've had both of these go in within 5 miles of the CP. Both have been excellent. The odd thing about the Jamaican is that it gets pieced out in a way that looks rather random. Rather than articulate wings, legs, breasts, and thighs, it looks like a crazy rasta whacked at the bird with a meat cleaver. The taste is quite good. Peruvians? Definitely check out the Peruvians. They have some of the oddest food ideas. It's a mix of a bunch of cultures all thrown together. You might get a bed of octopus fried rice, fried chicken and fries.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer