Lee, The one you're looking for the Winchester model 1895 should be marked with code 41 WR on the back flat mount. The Lyman 41 sight was first designed for the Winchester models, 1905,1907, and 1910, (code SL), all self loading rifles, and Remington model 8 and 81, auto loading rifles, (code 41AT) Pat. date,July 16, 1907. The 41 was later adapted to the Winchester model 1895, last cataloged in 1943. You stated above "that it's not flat sided". Understand that the Lyman 41 is "FLAT SIDED" and the Win. model 1895 calls for a "Flat sided sight"!(41 WR).
Not really sure what sight you have with a code of "W" and "L" separated on it. It's hard without pics as I'm trying to help out here. Sounds to me that someone possibly installed the wrong sight and mad it work for them. The collector value is ruined,IMO, with the holes drilled in the wrong place, so at this point I wouldn't worry about that as a shooter/hunting rifle is what you have now.IMHO! My information is based on Nick Stroebel's Old Gunsight book.

HS 58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!