I've wanted a .22 WMR rifle for a few years.

I picked up my first, a Henry .22 WMR Classic (H001M), today. It has a really nicely finished, checkered stock and is nicely blued. The rifle is lightweight and feels, balances and looks like an older 94/22 but for a lot cheaper. I really like the feel of this rifle. I mounted a 15 or so year old Weaver Classic 6x40 with gloss finish in Burris rimfire rings. I had to remove the rear sight to clear the objective bell, but that is OK. This optic is clear, lightweight, permanantly set to the perfect magnification and in my opinion, just right for this rifle.

I bought some CCI hollow points at the store and ordered some CCI spire points and TMJs. Also, grabbed a box of 30-grain Hornadys. I'm hoping to make it a ranch gun with a speciality of being an opportunistic coyote / hog shooter.

I'm anxious to see how it shoots. If this one shoots 2 MOA or better, I may trade my older 39M for a .22 LR Golden Boy plus some cash. My young son has been wanting me to get a rifle that looks like an 1860 and the Golden Boy may be a fun one for him to shoot while enjoying the look. Plus, my 39M hasn't functioned great for him.