Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I don’t carry a micro but in my small town of 7000, I do carry a compact. Mine is the Taurus G3c. It’s a 12+1 mag and comes with 2 extra mags. That’s because I also believe I’m my only protector. If I was concerned about a dog attack, and I know people who have been attacked I’d probably carry a small revolver. But I do know and believe that evil exists out there and never gives you a heads up. Evil plans on surprising us when we are least expecting it. I trust that gun and it’s very reliable.
There are no malls in this town but I do occasionally have to run to the grocery store.
380’s aren’t in this guy’s world!
The Honest Outlaw (YouTube) recommends the G3 for those on a tight budget who don't already have a concealed carry pistol, but also suggests that, in his experience, they are not 100% reliable. He calls them 99% reliable, but recommends them above the High Point.

I don’t carry the G3, Honest Outlaw tested the G3c and G2c and both went 1000 rounds without a single problem. I’m not on a tight budget I run what works for me. If I had a need to carry a full size gun it would be one of my M&P’s. But I don’t. I get rid of any gun that doesn’t work. Honest Outlaw has recommended both of the Taurus compacts multiple times. Carry what you are comfortable with, and fit your hand. Many of the guns recommend on this thread don’t fit my hand.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain