Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by PennDog
At least you guys still have some - Pennsylvania is nearly barren! I haven’t shot a grouse in PA in over a decade now. Really sad state of affairs - especially when I used to have 30-40 flush days from the 70’s when I started hunting them through the early 2000’s. Now if I see a grouse or two per year it gives me a little hope?! Wild Brook Trout have gone the same way - really is concerning (to me anyway).

PennDog

Another Pa GC failure as they watched them wink out. But look at the good side....They are the keeper of Eagles and other raptors. While introducing Fishers and Martins. I suspect they are a little hard on Grouse being hatched. Along with putting out videos on how to field dress a Deer. While putting in a plug you shouldn't use lead bullets.

Very few on the left...and the Pa GC is infiltrated with them....are pro hunting.
Same situation here in NY. I flushed one grouse last season. I see several fishers every season and tracks everywhere. Of course the fishers are protected and you aren't supposed to shoot them.