Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by PennDog
At least you guys still have some - Pennsylvania is nearly barren! I haven’t shot a grouse in PA in over a decade now. Really sad state of affairs - especially when I used to have 30-40 flush days from the 70’s when I started hunting them through the early 2000’s. Now if I see a grouse or two per year it gives me a little hope?! Wild Brook Trout have gone the same way - really is concerning (to me anyway).

PennDog

Another Pa GC failure as they watched them wink out. But look at the good side....They are the keeper of Eagles and other raptors. While introducing Fishers and Martins. I suspect they are a little hard on Grouse being hatched. Along with putting out videos on how to field dress a Deer. While putting in a plug you shouldn't use lead bullets.

Very few on the left...and the Pa GC is infiltrated with them....are pro hunting.

Well the PA Game Commission has more than its share of faults but the needle is pointing to climate change as the main reason - at least with the biologists that I talk too - I too am a biologist (being educated is another conspiracy that many choose to embrace these days - call it “brainwashing”🤔) - West Nile virus seems to be the issue and not sure what the PAGC can do about that one??

Wild Brook trout have disappeared because of acidic rainfall and a geology that has little buffering capacity - that would be the PA Fish Commission’s fault? People need to take some responsibility and quit pointing fingers - I am personally using my “brainwashing” to further a restoration and recovery program in PA using passive limestone addition in the headwaters of native Brook Trout streams to aid the recovery - am hoping future generations can enjoy the native trout fishing that I once did.

There are biologists out there (PAGC and others) that are trying to also help the recovery of the grouse - hopefully they will be successful and I offer my aid where ever possible - will it help - not looking good especially since so many others are willing to complain but do very little in helping or looking for a resolution.

PennDog