At the beginning of each hunting season, I usually pick about three different rifles to hunt with that year just to rotate through the dozen I have to choose from. I don't have any safe queens so I hunt with them all.

One of my favorites is my 6.5x55 Swede. I got a couple of deer with it this year and frankly, for local hunting in the southeast, I could get by on that one cartridge alone. But since this a "worldwide" question, I probably need something with a little more power to round out the selection.

My first choice would probably be: 6.5x55, 9.3x62 & 458 Win Mag.

Another good option that I could get a lot of usage out of would be: 6.5x55, 300 HAM'R (my Wilson Combat AR-15) & 375 H&H. An all-around rifle, a semi-auto & a medium bore seems like a versatile assortment that would cover a lot of situations well.

Of course, other factors like ammo availability, whether a person reloads or not & the area they will be doing most of their hunting can always play a factor in a choice like this. But for the sake of this hypothetical question, I'm ignoring that & just selecting some of my favorite calibers I have in the gun safe. The fact that I had to throw my 7x57 & my 30-06 on the discard pile is the reason I don't hunt with three rifles. It's too painful to choose. Ask me this question on another day & you'll probably get a different answer.