Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by comerade
Originally Posted by RinB
The more I hunt, the fewer rifles I want.

Before I had the time and funds to go hunting, I spent a lot of time and energy buying rifles, reloading, and experimenting. I should have gotten a part-time job and invested my earnings.
I like your posts.
Experimenting is almost cultish these days, I am in the cult.
Hunting hard makes you a better hunter, not a brain full of data.

I have a small fraction of the hunting experience you guys have and am coming around to this conclusion myself.
Currently I have 8-10 "deer appropriate" rifles, at least half of those could extend to moose/bear. Downsizing could net me a safari.

As to the OP's subject, others have mentioned it but a Blaser R8 or Sauer 404 with multiple barrels would fill the bill with compactness and class.

If I went that route (and had the $$$) a barrel each in 6.5CM/7mm08, 270/30-06, 375HH/Ruger.

This is a viable and solid option I considered and may possibly be the ultimate solution for many. Definitely the most practical solution in terms of compactness and modularity.

The main reason I did not go this route is if you had a major malfunction in the receiver assembly or broke the stock, you would be SOL. Highly unlikely, but still a risk. With a matched set of rifles, you have a complete back up with parts interchangeability giving you options.